(UPDATE **March 3, 2015**)
Event Registration is ALMOST HERE!
Less than a month to go until GamerNationCON 3: Beyond Thunderdome! And, our event registrations is close at hand, beginning next week! Eager to register for events? Well your time has nearly come, Warboys!!!! (And Imperators…) This is going to be a very busy month, so we want to ensure you all are aware of some very important dates:
- March 9: Event registration opens up for our 2016 MVGs.
- March 11: Event registration opens up for High GamerCred attendees! These are those attendees with 130 GamerCred or more. (Want to know if we have your GamerCred on file? Head here to find out:http://gamernationcon.com/gamercred/)
- March 14: General event registration opens.
And in case it slipped by you – please check your registered GamerCred. Last year, many of you were available on Sunday to register your buttons with our amazing Marshals, but we know many of you haven’t. So please – find yourself here: http://gamernationcon.com/gamercred/. Check your GamerCred, and if we’re missing something, email us the pics of your buttons to email@example.com. We’ll need to have them in by March 11 to ensure you get your early registration.
GamerNation Con is 4 Days of Gaming Goodness (4DoGG) that will be held March 31-April 3 at the Dallas Games Marathon facility in Plano, Texas just north of Dallas. We rocked two huge gaming rooms and made great use of their Wall of Games for the whole weekend the last two years and look forward to even more gaming greatness this year. The con will be open from noon to 2am on Thursday, 9am to 2am Friday and Saturday and 9am to 2pm on Sunday.
Once again, the gaming wall is available for any convention attendee to use, free of charge and has just been augmented with a ton of new releases from BGG.con and Essen, among other great titles. This year’s convention is called GNCon 3: Beyond Thunderdome and cosplay is considered awesome at the event. We are happy to announce that the Kickstarter for funding the event will be live on October 12, 2015! This is the only way to guarantee yourself a ticket, so don’t miss out this year. With walk up traffic, the even was 12 people shy of selling out last year, so we anticipate the possibility of selling out the event during the kickstarter this year.
Guests of Honor
Rodney Thompson – Senior Designer, Bungie
Many of you know that Rodney really got The Order 66 Podcast on the map with his vocal support in the early days of the podcast, when WotC had the Star Wars license. Although those days have passed, he graciously donated signed copies of Lords of Waterdeep and Scoundrels of Skullport for 3DoGG 2015 and will be, time permitting, the GoH for 4DoGG 2016! Rodney was also a principle designer on Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition, which is a glorious return of the franchise and a throwback to the 2.5 or 3 days with some of the mechanics, drawing praise around the globe for it’s resurgence. Plenty of D&D will be had, and an opportunity to play Lords of Waterdeep with him will be had. Rodney is currently with Bungie working as a designer on the Destiny franchise, having made the transition from tabletop to video earlier this year.
Christopher West – Owner and Founder, Maps of Mastery
Numenera, Star Wars RPG Products, Margaret Weiss Productions, Firefly RPG, EONS and a whole host of self-started products make up the topographical awesomeness that is known as the Maps of Mastery compendium. You all know Mr. West from guest appearances on The Order 66 Podcast as well as his Kickstarter projects to promote his various creative endeavors and he is coming here, to join our merry band of gaming devotees as a Guest of Honor! Chris will be joining our attendees to participate in RPG sessions, run mapmaking and worldbuilding seminars and infuse the convention with his brand of enthusiasm for the hobby we all love! We are proud to announce Chris West as the 2nd Guest of Honor for Gamer Nation Con 3: Beyond Thunderdome.
We are in planning for 4DoGG 2016, but the following events are currently planned, and may change without notice:
- Expanded Artemis – 2 bridges offering Coop and PVP scenarios and GamerCred badges for events like the Kobayashi Maru and the Kirk v. Khan simulations
- The GamerCred system will have a bunch of retired badges, and new ones will be published very soon. The secret badges will be much more secret and given at the end of the convention for more fun times! The number of secret badges will be very limited in number, so don’t worry.
- Playtest Saturday – From 9am until 2pm, designers are welcome to show up and playtest their yet to be released games with convention attendees.
- Role Playing Games: Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, Force and Destiny, Pathfinder, D&D, Fiasco, Mutants & Masterminds and much more on the way, with GMs Dave and Chris each running modules out of the Gamer Nation Vault for attendees.
- Tabletop Gaming: If you can dream it, we probably have it. The wall of games is available and we will have a couple of tournaments, including EPIC Card Game
- Friday Night Two Rooms and a Boom! – Massive werewolf-esque game which requires to rooms (teams) where the red team tries to get the bomb with the President.
- GNCon After Dark: Saturday after 9pm, the convention will be open for those guests 21 years and older only, as rumor has it the nafarious activities and open bar that happened last year will be dwarfed this year as the Canadians return in larger numbers!
- More Events coming soon.
Once again, we are at the Dallas Games Marathon Facility at 930 W. Parker Rd, Plano TX 75075.
The La Quinta Dallas – West Plano will once again be the hotel of choice, and there are still a few rooms available, make sure and ask for the manager, as some of the employees are less aware of the room block under Gamer Nation Con or d20Radio.
Address: 4800 West Plano Pkwy, Plano, TX 75093
The Kickstarter for the event is over, however tickets may be purchased at the Gamer Nation Webstore today!