Gamer Nation Con 4 – “A New Hope”
The hopes of all of the gamer nation rested on finding a new place, a new site for the convention. Fearing the worst and believing Dallas Games Marathon was soon to be the new Alderaan, the convention staff embarked on a galaxy wide search of nearby facilities that offered the amenities and activities that made Gamer Nation Con such a wonderful event. We found a location, only to have our hopes dashed at the 11th hour when the leasing agreement fell through. Then, two more places were found that showed promise and expeditions were dispatched to recon the area for maximum enjoyment when, like a Falcon coming out of nowhere to clear the path for a trench run, Dallas Games Marathon miraculously came to terms with their landlord and Gamer Nation Con 4 – A New Hope found its new home in exactly the same spot as its old one.
Ladies and Gentlemen, we are ready to announce….
GamerNation Con is 4 Days of Gaming Goodness (4DoGG) that will be held March 30-April 2 at the Dallas Games Marathon facility in Plano, Texas just north of Dallas. We rocked two huge gaming rooms and made great use of their Wall of Games for the whole weekend the last two years and look forward to even more gaming greatness this year. The con will be open from noon to 2am on Thursday, 9am to 2am Friday and Saturday and 9am to 2pm on Sunday.
Once again, the gaming wall is available for any convention attendee to use, free of charge and has just been augmented with a ton of new releases from BGG.con and Essen, among other great titles. This year’s convention is called GNCon 4: A New Hope and cosplay is considered awesome at the event. We are happy to announce that the Kickstarter for funding the event will be live on October 19, 2015! This is the only way to guarantee yourself a ticket, so don’t miss out this year. With walk up traffic, the event was just a few people shy of selling out last year, so we anticipate the possibility of selling out the event during the kickstarter this year.
DFW Nerd Night
DFW Nerd Night is an organization that believes tabletop game players are uniquely qualified to build better local communities because of the relationships that are forged while playing games. They host monthly gaming parties for charity, and work to help communities across the country in every way they can, which is emblazoned in the logo “We Play Games and Help People” Since 2012, DFW Nerd Night has partnered with local and national organizations to help with raising over $80,000, all without ever charging for events.
The Convention will transform into a charity event on Thursday evening, March 30 and the Nerd Nighters will do their thing! We ask for a donation at the door, and in return you can spend the evening having fun and helping people. A charity announcement will be made in the days to come. Attendees that purchase a 4-day badge will not be asked for an additional donation, as Gamer Nation Con will be donating a portion of your badge registration to the Nerd Nighters with the hopes of raising $5000 during the event for charity.
Please consider purchasing the All Access badge, even if you only plan on attending for three or fewer days to help DFW Nerd Night play games and help people!
Guests of Honor
???? – RPG Legend
Stay tuned for this year’s Guest of Honor Announcement
We are in planning for 4DoGG 2017, but the following events are currently planned, and may change without notice:
- Artemis – Coop scenarios and GamerCred badges for events all day Friday and Saturday
- The GamerCred system will have a bunch of retired badges, and new ones will be published very soon. The secret badges will be much more secret and given at the end of the convention for more fun times! The number of secret badges will be very limited in number, so don’t worry.
- Playtest Saturday – From 9am until 2pm, designers are welcome to show up and playtest their yet to be released games with convention attendees.
- Role Playing Games: Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, Force and Destiny, Pathfinder, D&D, Fiasco, Mutants & Masterminds and much more on the way, with GMs Dave and Chris each running modules out of the Gamer Nation Vault for attendees.
- Tabletop Gaming: If you can dream it, we probably have it. The wall of games is available and we will have a couple of tournaments, including EPIC Card Game
- Friday Night Two Rooms and a Boom! – Massive werewolf-esque game which requires to rooms (teams) where the red team tries to get the bomb with the President.
- GNCon After Dark: Saturday after 9pm, the convention will be open for those guests 21 years and older only, as rumor has it the nafarious activities and open bar that happened last year will be dwarfed this year as the Canadians return in larger numbers!
- More Events coming soon.
Once again, we are at the Dallas Games Marathon Facility at 930 W. Parker Rd, Plano TX 75075.
The La Quinta Dallas – West Plano will once again be the hotel of choice, and there are still a few rooms available, make sure and ask for the manager, as some of the employees are less aware of the room block under Gamer Nation Con or d20Radio.
Address: 4800 West Plano Pkwy, Plano, TX 75093
The Kickstarter for the event is starting soon!